Caraway Conference Center and Camps COVID Update
Last updated: August 18, 2020.
Please read about our COVID response and program updates.
In addition to our normal cleanliness, Caraway commits to the following:
Our COVID Response:
- We will be encouraging appropriate physical distancing and hygiene including handwashing. Our staff will model this and communicate the importance of proper hygiene in FUN ways to program attendees.
- Parents/guardians must do a wellness/temperature check within 24 hours prior to arrival at camp. More specifics to come.
- For our programmed events, we will provide wellness checks upon arrival. We will be checking each camper’s temperature and asking the below COVID questions.
- We will sanitize before the arrival of a group at each activity. This will include recreation, group gatherings, and skills classes.
- We will modify recreation and skills classes to decrease the number of participants in each group and will not play any games requiring direct contact.
- We will honor our government’s guidelines on large group gatherings and will provide fun ways to be physically distant.
- We will modify the location of group gatherings if needed to meet the maximum number in one place and to accommodate appropriate distancing.
- Face coverings are encouraged. There are occasional times when face coverings will be required when physical distancing is not an option. Optional Caraway face coverings will be available for purchase in the camp store.
- We are providing additional handwashing stations or hand sanitizer pumps for high traffic areas like the dining hall and recreation areas.
Additional COVID Questions:
- What about meals?
- We will continue to offer hardy meals to our guests.
- We will modify food service to meet logistical and safety needs.
- We will be encouraging the use of outdoor seating when weather permits.
- What about sleeping arrangements for overnight programs?
- Participants will practice "head to toe" sleeping arrangements so their breathing is not directly next to each other. Each person’s head must be physically distant from others heads.
- Are you in contact with your local health department?
- Yes, we have been talking with them about clarifications and will stay in touch as needed.
- What about recreation and swimming?
- We are modifying games and recreations to accommodate appropriate distancing while not losing the FUN!
- We plan to swim with reduced numbers with appropriate distancing while weather permits.
- At what point will Caraway send a participant home?
- If there is a fever of 100.4° F or more
- Continual coughing, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- Vomiting and/or Diarrhea
- Participants may not come to Caraway Conference Center and Camps if they cannot answer yes to all of the following questions
- Has it been at least 10 days since you first had symptoms?
- Have you been without a fever for three days (72 hours) and without any medicine for the fever?
- Has it been three days (72 hours) since your symptoms have improved?
Fall Father-Son Retreat
The Fall Father-Son Retreat will be November 20-22, 2020. It is important for men to be active in the development of boys in their life! Father-sons are for dads or male mentors and boys in grades 1-8. They choose from fun activities and recreation to do together in addition to other meaningful activities, worship, Bible teaching, and good food.
Autumn Journey: Mother-Daughter Retreat
The Autumn Journey Retreat will be November 6-8, 2020. Autumn Journey is our fall mother-daughter retreat for moms or female mentors and their daughters or granddaughters who are in grades 1-8. God has called us on this life journey, but he doesn't expect us to do it alone. Enjoy a harvest themed retreat as we focus on growth in our faith in Christ and with our mother-daughter relationships.
Outdoor Heritage Day
Outdoor Heritage Day will operate every Wednesday for 10 weeks starting September 16 and ending November 18. This program will run 9am-1:30pm and will host children who are in grades 1-6 along with their chaperone or guardian for a staff led educational day.
Caraway Mountain Day Camp: Fall Days
The Fall Caraway Mountain Day Camps are single all-day camps for boys and girls who are in 1st-6th grade on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Children will be in age-specific groups led by our trained staff. Arrival is at 8am and departure is at 5pm. We use fun experiences to grow in our faith, develop relationships, learn skills, and to serve others.
Camps Guest Groups
If your group is renting Camp Caraway or Camp Mundo Vista or would like to rent these facilities for your own camp or program, please contact Britt Fleming for updates.
Conference Center Groups
For any Conference Center guest groups, please contact Jeff Kohns for updates.