Since 1963 we have been creating unforgettable camp experiences. This tradition continues as we put the camper/guest experience first. We strive to create a fun and inviting atmosphere so God can speak, his voice can be heard, and his word will have impact.
During our daily activities, recreation, worship services, and missionary times, we lead campers in growing in their faith in Jesus Christ, developing relationships, building skills, and serving others.
HEALTH & NUTRITION
Safety and risk management are our top priorities. We stay up to date on industry standards to provide the best experience for our campers and guests.
- Our staff are carefully selected and screened through a detailed application process including annual local, state, and federal back ground checks, interview, and multiple references.
- All staff are a part of our comprehensive orientation and training process following the best industry standards.
- There are always certified lifeguards on duty at aquatic activities and staff are trained in First-Aid, CPR, and AED.
- We provide a health care professional during each weeklong camp to administer medications and provide medical care.
- Please connect with us at least a week before your child’s arrival to camp if there are any special diet concerns or other needs and we will be happy to help.
Caraway is located in the geographical center of North Carolina in the Uwharrie Mountains about 7 miles west of Asheboro. We are close to 3 interstate highways and about 45 minutes from The Piedmont Triad International Airport.
MEET OUR STAFF
Children's Program Director
Mark “Hound Dawg” Moore has been coming to Caraway since he was 7 years old when he attended a father-son camp with his father. Through his experiences as a camper here and at many other Christian camps, God kept calling him back to Caraway as a CIT, Lifeguard, Camp Counselor, Summer Camp Assistant Director, and now full time as the Children’s Camps Program Director since 2010.
Guest Services Assistant/Camp Reservations
Rebecca's love for camp began at Caraway in 2017 when she was the worship leader for our summer camp programs. Since then, she has enjoyed the last 4 years serving in various roles on Caraway staff. In her spare time, Rebecca loves spending time with her fiance Austin and their very well loved dogs, Mable & Rowan. "I love partnering and working alongside group leaders to achieve the mission of their retreat whether it be spiritual growth, rest or recreation. My goal is that groups feel at home and relaxed during their stay at Caraway."
Assistant Children's Program Director
Corrie's love for camp started in elementary school as her parents started a sports camp. She has been a camp counselor, day camp director, and now has been called to Caraway full time! Corrie loves to spend her free time with her dog, Boone! She is so excited to be a part of how God is moving at Caraway.